December 2, 2022

Chelsea are reportedly not interested in making a move for out-of-contract star Cristiano Ronaldo after the World Cup.

Manchester United sacked the 37-year-old earlier this week, after the club was driven to act following the forward’s controversial interview with Piers Morgan.

The Portugal international lambasted the 20-time English champions, including their owners and current head coach Erik ten Hag, during the TalkTV discussion.

Ronaldo has lost around £16m in wages as a result of his exit from Man United, as his contract with the club was set to expire in next June.

The forward is now focused on the 2022 World Cup, but he will be searching for a new club for the second part of the 2022-23 season, and there has been a lot of talk about him joining Chelsea.

The Blues were linked with his services over the summer, with new owner and chairman Todd Boehly reported to be desperate to recruit the former Sporting Lisbon teenager.

However, Thomas Tuchel, Chelsea’s manager at the time, is said to have turned down the opportunity to bring the Portuguese to Stamford Bridge.

There have been speculations that the capital club could potentially move for Ronaldo due to his free transfer availability, but a source told The Sun that the club have “gone cold on him.”

See Also: Cristiano Ronaldo Not Impressed As Ghana’s Osman Bukari Copies Famous Celebration

“Following talks with Manchester United, we’ve mutually agreed to end our contract. I love Manchester United and I love the fans, that will never ever change,” Ronaldo said in a statement following the confirmation of his departure.

“It feels like the right time to seek a new challenge. I wish Man Utd all the best.”

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *