The Super Eagles of Nigeria’s players, both those that started the match and those that started from the bench, watched their team fall to 2 early goals in the first half and still could not mount a comeback in the second half, to at least muster out a draw before the end of the final whistle and below are the players who should be blamed.
1. Samuel Chukwueze came into the match and made no vital contribution and more so, he lost a lot of possessions that led to the team’s lack of goals in the second half.
2. Francis Onyeka seemed clueless as he failed to connect with his teammates as he was busy running up and down the pitch without producing any clear-cut chance to score.
3. Etebo played like an amateur and did not improve the performance of the midfield which limited how they attacked their opponents and talked more about scoring.
4. Onuachu played as if he didn’t know that he came to win the match and failed to improve the performance of the attack neither did he trouble the Portuguese defenders as he ought to have done.
5. Francis Uzoho should also take some of the blame as he let him some easy goals that he should have kept out.